The last two weeks have been extra rough in the Martin household. Last tuesday Will caught a viral infection and with it came 5 nights of no sleep, 5 days of a cranky, miserable & clingy little boy and one very very strung out mommy who spent all of those days awake.
What was this awful viral infection I speak of....well, to be completely blunt, Will broke out with a gazillion little blisters all over his throat, was throwing up, had butt burning diarrhea and ran a temp close to 103. Saturaday morning the blisters decided they should pop up all over his face as well, so he's got about 6 blisters on his cheek and 1 on his lip. We lived in quarantine for 5 days for fear of passing this awful infection to any one else. All I could get Will to eat was yogurt and pancakes, it's the only thing that didn't hurt his mouth. He cried and cried and there was nothing we could do to make it go away. On top of all this, poor Bear was cutting a molar so his gums were so tender he screamed if you touched them. The only thing that gave any kind of relief was origel (but only for a short time) and teething tablets (and only once he was in such hysterics that they'd literally wipe him out) He was worst at night, he couldn't sleep and if he did get an hour or so rest it was propped up on me.
Needless to say, by Sunday I was so strung out I couldn't speak without crying. And to add to it, I had to spend Sunday sanitizing the house and Will's toys because of all the drooling, to make sure this didn't come back. There is nothing more awful than your child in pain and you can't do anything to make it better. It broke my heart to see him so miserable and no amount of climbing further into a ball on my chest would make it hurt less.
Michael travels with his job and most times we handle it just fine, but he took off Sunday afternoon for a week long trip and it was the first time I literally didn't think I could handle him being gone. Of course now things are getting better and Will's mouth has cleared up inside and the outside blisters are healing AND we get to see Michael tomorrow, but this has definitely been a long grueling week without him.
I don't have any new pictures to post, the camera has been the last thing on my mind but we'll get some over the weekend and catch everyone up on Will's adventures. He and gigantic Duke are headed to the lake to play.