Sunday, May 1, 2011

Life with Two!

Being a big brother has come naturally to Will. He's amazing with Ashlyn. She gets a dozen kisses a day. If she cries he says "it's okay baby girl", if we are on our way somewhere and she's upset in the carseat, he tries to calm her by talking to her but the entire time has a sad expression on his face because he's upset that she's upset.

I always knew he'd be great with her, but he melts my heart everyday with his kindness.

When he's not handing out kisses, he's going 90 MPH! I'm not certain where this boost of energy has come from, but he's a busy busy boy.


Ashlyn sleeps a lot! Not sure what we did to deserve it, but she sleeps thru the night already. I have to wake her to feed her every night. I know it can change any day, but what a blessing to have 2 babies sleeping thru the night; definitely gives Michael and I a chance to get plenty of rest.


The big news from the weekend was Will got a new "park" for his backyard. We don't have a large yard and it's on a slope so we are limited in options for things like this, but this set is perfect. He can play on it without us having to worry about him getting hurt and it's perfect size for the yard we have.


Anyone wanna go for a ride???


The happiest dad in the world. Will has given Michael more cuddle time in the past week and a half than he has in the past 2 years. He's always been a cuddler w/ Mommy only, but that's changed now that Ashlyn is here. Truth is, you want cuddle time, hold the baby, "his baby"; he snuggles up to whoever has Ashlyn. He's been all about dad though and as much as it pains me to share, I'm so happy he's giving his daddy the attention I've gotten since he was born.


And finally this is my new nephew, Cade. He and Ashlyn are 1 months and 6 days apart. The Mazza family came to dinner tonight and we got the scale out to see how much "Tank" weighs and at 6 almost 7 weeks old, he's 15 lbs. He's a big boy!!! Ashlyn is 8 lbs 6 oz. She's back up to her birth weight so that's very exciting.


We are adjusting pretty well; the baby blues haven't hit too bad this time so that's been a blessing. Honestly, I'm so happy to have my family complete and to have 2 healthy happy babies, it's almost impossible to be frustrated or sad. I'm sure sleeping most of the night has a lot to do with it too.