Will is going to be a big brother in 1 week and 1 day. Can't believe the time has gone by so fast, though these last few weeks don't seem to be moving at a quick pace. My pregnancy with Ashlyn has gone pretty well. I did get Gestational Diabetes with her, but it's been more of a blessing than a curse. Learning to eat properly and take care of she and I is a no brainer when her future health is on the line...and mine too. A little glimpse of what it's like to have diabetes full time was all I needed to make the life style change to protect my family from here on out.
Will is doing great, he's on the go constantly, talking clearly, still would rather be outside than anywhere else, but he is in denial that he's got a baby sister coming. If you ask him if he's going to have a baby sister, he'll tell you "no". But he'll take you back to her bedroom if you ask "where is baby Ashlyn's room" so like it or not, he'll be welcoming her home in a little over a week and his world will change forever!
I have worried how it's going to affect him, change is never his friend, though once he's adjusted, he's off and running, but this is a huge change. The last month, he's been very attached to me, "mommy do it" with everything. Unfortunately Mommy can't do as much as she'd like which frustrates him and has made for some whiney, fussy times. Never thought I'd be a "time out" mom, but it works for him and he's been going quite often to adjust his mood. We'll say "do you need to go to your room to calm down" and he'll say "yes" and go back there on his own for 2 or 3 minutes then come out and say "I feel better" (can't help staying mad at that!) But I hope I'm worrying for no reason and he adjusts fine after we bring her home.
We took Will to the zoo yesterday to have a Daddy, Will and Mommy day. Since this is his last official week of being an only child, we figured we'd try to do some things that are special and focused on him. It was a perfect day and he wanted another one today. "Go see Animals" "No school Mommy, let's stay home". Broke my heart, but he has fun at school and was okay once we were there. We'll have more fun Mommy, Will & Daddy time over the weekend.
I will get back to updating this with Ashlyn and Will adventures after she's born. Sorry for the absence and lack of pictures, Will has changed a lot over the past few months, but I needed a break; it was hard to keep up w/ pictures when he's moving so much. Always seems like the perfect camera moment when the camera is inside and when I'd get it, he'd be off doing something else. That has been where the phone camera has come in handy, at least that's on me more often than the regular one.
I'll get pictures on here as quickly as possible after Miss A is born. Can't wait for everyone to meet our new baby girl.